Comprensive Primary Care
Would you like WBWC to be your medical home for all your healthcare needs?
The midwifery model of care supports women from adolescence to the senior years.
At Womenʼs Birth & Wellness Center, we value your whole health story and all your health care needs! The Nurse Practitioners and Certified Nurse Midwives (all female) at WBWC offer appointments for both ongoing health care management and same-day health concerns beyond your obstetric and gynecological needs. We are able to:
- Treat acute infections
- Manage many long-term health concerns
- Offer preventive healthcare and relevant screenings
Wendy is wonderful – patient, compassionate and so knowledgeable. I always feel in such good hands with her. WBWC sees me has a whole person, not just a diagnosis!
Primary care at Women’s Birth and Wellness includes:
- Non-judgmental, person-centered care for individuals, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, ethnicity, or immigration status
- Complete well-woman exams – 45 minutes to focus on you
- Wellness promotion – attention to healthy eating, physical fitness, and stress management
- Management of chronic diseases, such as asthma, thyroid disorders, hypertension or depression – information, support, natural remedies, and medication
- Gentle pelvic exams and pap tests
- All forms of nonsurgical birth control – diaphragms, birth control pills, IUDs, Nexplanon, and natural family planning
- Pre-pregnancy/Fertility planning and testing – having a healthy pregnancy when you are ready
- Menopausal care
- Sexually transmitted infection screening and treatment
- Same-day visits for acute problems – urinary tract infections, upper respiratory infections, or mastitis
- Care for transgender and gender non-binary patients, including hormone therapy when needed
I just wanted to reach out and say a big Thank you to Wendy and all the staff that make the center such a warm and welcoming place. I live in Raleigh so there are lots of place I could go that are closer, but it’s worth the commute to go to such an amazing place. Thank you for your care that goes above and beyond!