Information in Spanish
Women’s Birth & Wellness Center is a certified midwife / nurse clinic and birth center offering comprehensive health services for women.
Since March 1996, Maureen Darcey, clinical director, and clinic staff have attended the different stages of development of women, from adolescence to post-menopause. All our health services are provided by certified midwives and nurses.
The clinic is approved by the CABC (Commission for the Approval of Birth Centers) and follows the rules established by the NACC (National Association of Birth Centers).
All our medical personnel are certified in Neonatal Advanced Suport de Vida and have all the necessary medical equipment for emergencies. Midwives have special privileges at the UNC hospital (Chapel Hill). If necessary, they can attend to their delivery in the hospital as well as collaborate and consult with the doctors of the Department of Family Medicine in UNC.
We Offer Maternity Care for Low-Risk Pregnancy:
- Certified Nurses-Midwives
- Health care for midwives and nurses throughout pregnancy and delivery
- Comfortable childbirth rooms with private bath and large tub, and family room with kitchen
- Health Care for the Newborn
- Help with breastfeeding
- A home visit by a midwife or nurse in the first three days after the birth of your baby
- Daily phone calls by a midwife or nurse in the first few days after the birth of your baby
- Postpartum review at two and six weeks after the baby’s birth, including family planning
- Midwife on duty 24 hours
We offer Annual Health Examinations for Women’s Wellbeing:
- Complete Physical Examinations
- Laboratory studies
- Pap smear
- Breast Exam
- Advice for women who want to get pregnant
- Birth Control and Family Planning
- Treatment of common gynecological problems
Here we believe that every woman has the right to choose a health service of excellence. This includes:
- An education that promotes a healthy life
- Accessible, safe, personalized, and satisfying health services
- Support for the family and the people the woman considers as her family
- Respect for human dignity and the value of each woman
- Respect for cultural differences
Some Comments From Our Clients:
“It was a wonderful feeling to have a staff made up of women. The experience was very positive for my whole family. Thank you for managing the center as you do. Bravo!”
“I enjoyed and appreciated the staff so much that I felt sad after the postpartum visit. I did not want to stop coming to the clinic! I appreciate the enthusiasm and love of everyone. ”
” I could not have had a better birth. I know I received the best prenatal and delivery care. I want to come back here for my next pregnancy. “