Information about sales, promotions, and anything related to the boutique.
By Violet Trisolini
Nettle (Urtica dioica) is a useful herb for combating the all-too-common symptoms of allergy season. Nettle is a great source of vitamins important for healthy menstruation, pregnancy, and nursing, including iron, magnesium, and calcium. Its antihistamine properties make it a favorite for lessening springtime symptoms of hay fever and allergies. It is also a galactagogue and can increase milk supply! Can also be a mild diuretic. What’s not to love about this stinging plant?
Nettle can be found in the following products in the Boutique…
- Nettle Tincture (Suki’s Blends)
- Nettle Leaf capsules (Nature’s Way)
- Kick-It Allergy (WishGarden) – proprietary blend of Yerba Santa, Nettles, Echinacea, & orange peel.
- Teas including Nettle Tea (Traditional Medicinals), Woman’s Mother To Be (Yogi), Third Trimester Tea and Monthly Comfort Tea (Earth Mama Angel Baby), Pregnancy Tea, Woman’s Vitality, Fertility Tea, and Allergy Aid (Suki’s Blends)
- Many galactagogues, including Milk Rich with Goat’s Rue (Wish Garden), More Milk Plus, More Milk Two, and More Milk Special Blend (Motherlove)
“Medicinal Herbs: A Beginner’s Guide,” Rosemary Gladstar (2012)
“Body Into Balance: An Herbal Guide to Holistic Self-Care,” Maria Noel Groves (2016)
Bravado’s Essential Nursing Tank
Mothers often come into the Boutique looking for nursing bras – something they can wear during pregnancy, as well as after; something versatile and affordable. A nursing tank may be just the thing!
Bravado’s Essential Nursing Tanks come with a built-in bra that gives you full support. The high quality cotton/spandex fabric stretches and retains its shape even after washing. They are great for nursing in public, as well as during the night. The tank provides tummy coverage, while the discreet nursing clips allow for easy breastfeeding access.
Bravado Essential Nursing Tanks are available in sizes 34 B/C to 44 F/G. These tanks come in a variety of bold colors like the turquoise above, pastels, as well as black and white.
Come by the Boutique to try one on!